Galpin is excited for this year’s 5th Annual Galpin Car Show at Galpin Ford. Last year’s show was definitely one to remember. Over 600 different types of vehicles participated and over 3,000 people attended – truly an epic Sunday filled with great people, great cars and great activities.
“When Henrik Fisker showed me his ideas, I got chills – it’s literally the most beautiful Mustang I have ever seen,” says Beau Boeckmann. Both Henrik Fisker and Galpin have a long history with specialty coach-building cars, and draw their inspiration from pony cars of the 60’s and 70’s. Together the team created a sculpted, sleek design and loaded it with power and performance enhancements that rival supercars. The Rocket’s lines emanate from the front, through the long hood, over a set of sculptured flared fenders and converge on its integrated rear spoiler, belying the car’s extreme power and refined athleticism.
Galpin Auto Sports is synonymous with customizing Ford Mustangs, so it’s no surprise to see them bring a unique 2015 Mustang to SEMA. Painted in a special black paint with gold fleck, the car is a tribute to the Mustang’s golden 50th anniversary. The theme is carried throughout the car, from the gold ADV1 wheels to the various gold trim pieces inside the car. Even the Whipple supercharger system, which produces 725 horsepower and is seen through a glass window in the hood, has been painted gold. The car also features custom Recaro seats, an Alcantara headliner and pillars, Steeda G/Trac suspension components and a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system.
- Sports Car Illustrated: http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/News_2014/Q/news14Q_1666.html
- World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/114102283208/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-announced
- Car Scoops: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/ford-details-725hp-gold-obsessed-galpin.html
- TopSpeed: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2015-ford-mustang-by-galpin-auto-sports-ar165917.html
- ZeroCustoms®: http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2015-Ford-Mustang-by-Galpin-at-SEMA.html
- The Auto Channel:http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/10/23/117610-galpin-auto-sports-celebrates-golden-anniversary-ford-mustang-production-sema.html
- Performance Drive: http://performancedrive.com.au/galpin-auto-sports-creates-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-sema-2323/
- Automobile Mag: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1410-tuned-2015-ford-mustang-models-head-to-sema/
- Auto Evolution: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-to-take-sema-by-storm-with-over-12-custom-vehicles-88074.html
- GuideAutoWeb.com: http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/27013/galpin_auto_sport_will_cele
- Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095082_pair-of-modified-2015-ford-mustangs-revealed-ahead-of-2014-sema-show
- Digital Trends: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2015-ford-mustang-gets-customized-for-sema-2014/
- Design & Trend: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/22628/20141022/ford-driving-herd-mustangs-sema.htm
- Practical Motoring: http://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-news/ford-show-12-modded-mustangs-sema/
- The News Wheel: http://thenewswheel.com/2015-gas-mustang-preview/
- Car Buzz: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/10/23/Ford-Reveals-12-Mustangs-Coming-to-SEMA-7723272/
- The Mustang News: http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2014/10/first-tease-2015-mustang-show-cars-sema/#.VGZk20tBVH0
- Top Gear: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-mustang-modified-by-galpin-auto-sports-SEMA-2014-10-23
- Yahoo Autos: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-shows-off-two-supercharged-sema-mustangs-193009668.html
- Car and Driver: http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-party-at-the-lv-corral-ford-previews-first-two-modified-2015-mustangs-for-sema/
- MSN Autos: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autossema/galpin-auto-sport-will-celebrate-mustangs-50th-anniversary-at-sema/ar-BBaJBqj
- AutoGuide.com: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/10/mustang-stampede-galloping-to-sema.html
- InAutoNews: http://www.inautonews.com/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-going-to-sema#.VGZpFktBVH0
- MotorWard: http://www.motorward.com/2014/10/sema-preview-2015-mustang-by-gas-and-pettys-garage/
Galpin Auto Sports is proud to partner with Ford Motor Company in bringing you Transit Skyliner! Constructed as a substitute for the modern limousine and built off the all-new 2015 Ford Transit, Galpin Auto Sports customized this colassal conversion van with versatility and comfort at the forefront of their design. Fashioning the interior with four modes of accommodation – theater, business, reception and travel – every feature within may be tailored to a set mode or to the liking of each individual passenger with just the swipe of a finger. From the adjustable custom-designed seats to the mood lighting and technology all interior features are controlled by smart phone or tablet… And that’s just a taste, for more information check out the press coverage!
We are excited to share with you the 2014 G.A.S. calendar. Filled with 13 months of awesome cars, it is sure to keep you entertained and up to date throughout the year. Enjoy!
Galpin Auto Sports first showed off their widebody kit for the Ford Mustang at SEMA in 2010, and since then the Southern California customizers have shown off numerous versions since. Their latest is this 2013 Shelby GT500 you see here, painted in the classic Shelby livery of Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White racing stripes.
The blue theme continues on the inside of the car with a fully custom leather interior that covers nearly every inch of the cockpit from the Recaro seats to the door panels.
Zombies beware! Hyundai will welcome the newest addition to its zombie-fighting family at New York Comic-Con: Anson Kuo’s Santa Fe Zombie Survival Machine. Aimed at effective undead annihilation, the fan-built vehicle will be on display for the living on the show floor on October 10.
As part of The Walking Dead Chop Shop configurator app designed by Hyundai and INNOCEAN USA (launched during San Diego Comic-Con), fans have designed thousands of custom zombie survival machines using the Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Santa Fe or Elantra. This summer, Kuo’s Santa Fe design was picked as the winner out of more than 82,500 fan submissions. His winning vehicle was constructed by Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) and the real-life machine will be unveiled on the New York Comic-Con show floor on October 10 at the Future US booth.
Kuo, who hails from Arizona, created an urban camouflaged Zombie Survival Machine featuring: knife blades, an automatic crossbow, razor-wired windows, three machine guns, a samurai sword, aluminum armor and a muffler silencer. His mission was to create a stealthy vehicle with abundant cargo space for supplies and passengers, maximizing survivability against the undead. Having knives as a primary weapon ensures scarce ammunition is conserved, said Kuo. This Hyundai will be a true zombie obliterator.
“We love Anson Kuo’s take on this Santa Fe Zombie Survival Machine – it’s creative… and deadly,” said Steve Shannon, vice president, Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “With help from the popularity of The Walking Dead franchise, Hyundai continues to expand the conversation around Hyundai vehicles with young and passionate audiences.”
At San Diego Comic-Con in July, Hyundai unveiled a customized Veloster Zombie Survival Machine designed by Robert Kirkman and fabricated by GAS.
Galpin is proud to introduce its first coach built supercar – the Galpin Ford GTR1. Continuing Galpin’s 60-year legacy of customizing vehicles, the GTR1 is based on the Ford GT and an interpretation of what it may have looked and performed like had it continued it’s evolution. The GTR1 boasts a powerplant capable of an estimated 1024 HP and 739 ft-lbs of torque, generated from a twin turbocharged 5.4L V8 engine that is mechanically capable of speeds in excess of 225 mph – making it a truly modern and bold American Mid-Engine Supercar.
While designed by Galpin Auto Sports, the hand crafted all aluminum body was widened 5 inches compared to the Ford GT, and constructed by renowned concept car builder Metalcrafters. It features 20 inch forged aluminum knock off wheels, Pirelli P-Zero tires, 6 piston brakes with full carbon rotors, jeweled headlamps and tail lamps and carbon fiber accents. The interior features a machined aluminum instrument cluster, a McIntosh sound system, and luxurious hand fabricated leather trimmed seats, dash, door panels and headliner.
The Team Behind the Walking Dead Vehicle
Future US, a leading digital media and content marketing group, and Skybound, Robert Kirkman’s imprint at Image Comics, announced they are partnering once again at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with a host of experiential activations around The Walking Dead universe.
The Future US booth will kick off at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with the debut of the Veloster Zombie Survival Machine, a custom 2013 Hyundai Veloster built by renowned car fabrication shop, Galpin Auto Sports.
- 2013 Hyundai Veloster Zombie Survival Machine Details Include Samurai Sword, Flamethrower
- Hyundai Veloster Zombie Survival Machine revealed at Comic-Con
- Robert Kirkman Unveils The Walking Dead Survival Machine At Comic-Con
- SDCC 2013: THE WALKING DEAD VELOSTER ZOMBIE SURVIVAL MACHINE IS REVEALED!
- Hyundai Veloster Modified To Fend Off Zombies For Comic Con
- Hyundai Veloster Zombie Survival Machine Debuts at SDCC
- Hyundai reveals Zombie apocalypse Veloster at Comic-Con
- Top Speed – 2013 Hyundai Veloster Zombie Survival Machine By Galpin Auto Sports
- With machine guns, blades, Zombie survival machine beats buses
- Vitamin C textured paint
- Hand fabricated armor
- Saw blade tooth-like front grill
- Wrought iron caged headlights
- Chain link fenced armored tail lights
- Quick change front bumper chainsaws
- Quick change front bumper horde plow
- Sand bags with supply cargo hood mounts
- Double barrel shotgun with mount
- Hood scoop
- Hand fabricated front rear fenders
- Door Weaponry
- Door mounted flame thrower
- Base blades
- Machine gun
- Window Armor
- Wrought iron front window screen
- Slit panel armor plated front window screen
- Barbed wire side window cages
- Roof mounted PA system “Doom Whistle”
- Roof mounted flood lights
- Roof mounted turret/hatch
- Roof mounted quick change .50 cal machine gun
- Roof mounted quick change flame thrower
- Baseball bat with spikes mounted to trunk
- Samurai sword / Spare wheel/tire mounted to hatch
- Knife blades from rear bumper
- Off-road style armored rear bumper
- Forged wheels
- All-Terrain Tires
- Wheel blade weaponry
- LineX style sprayed flooring
- Metal fabricated interior walls
- Reinforcement for roof hatch & roof mounted weapons
- Control Panels
- Multiple control panels to control weapons, light, etc
- Misc. Gauges/ Buttons/ Switches
- Misc. props including sleeping bag, gun, etc
- Storage solutions for ammo, weapons, first aid kit, etc
The Comic Con Unveiling
It’s time to get out of the sandbox and into some real dirt! Galpin Auto Sports had a blast building this life-sized Ford F250 Super Duty Tonka Truck aptly named the Tonka T-Rex.Keep an eye out for it – appearances will be scheduled at retailer events, promotional events, shows and parades throughout the year.
- Vinyl graphics
- Custom Tonka-branded grille and blackout badges
- Bushwacker pocket-style fender flares
- Line-X bedliner material was put around the grille, on the fender flares, inside the fender wells, in the bed, on the bumpers, and on the running boards Yellow and Black off-road rescue tool kit and mounting rack
- Security system
- JL and Kenwood audio and video system
- Complete custom interior — also in yellow and black — filled with Tonka logos and seats covered in Katzkin leather
In this episode of Jay Leno’s Garage, the well-known comedian and certified car nut invites GAS’ President and Chief Designer, Beau Boeckmann, to his garage to talk about the heavily-tuned 420HP Ford Focus RS built by GAS.
Presenting Iron Orchid: Galpin’s first entry for the historic Ridler Award at Detroit’s Autorama. A one-off period correct ’34 Ford 5-window coupe, built by Dave Shuten of GAS. Stay Tuned!
Galpin Auto Sports is not only well known for its custom builds on new cars…it is also famous for building some of the coolest hot rods and resto mods in the world.
Many GAS creations have been exhibited at some of the biggest hot rod shows in the United States such as Detroit AutoRama, Grand National Roadster Show, and Long Beach MotoRama.
The world of hot rods, classics and resto mods are only limited to your imagination and budget. In no other area does the phrase “If you can dream it…we can build it” apply more. With a passion for hotrod building that dates back to the 60’s, GAS has the artistry, know-how and ingenuity, to build period correct hotrods from the ground up or restore significant historic rods and customs. From the smallest modifications to full one-off builds, GAS will turn your automotive dream into a reality.
Quality and satisfaction comes first at GAS, and we have assembled an expert crew to build your dream, including industry master Dave Shuten. In the past 15 years Shuten and has done numerous restorations from one-off builds to famous historic rods and customs including Ed “Big Daddy” Roth’s Orbitron, an exact recreation tribute of Big Daddy’s Mysterion and Dan Wood’s Milk and Ice Trucks.
Galpin Auto sports not only has a full functional custom shop we have a full retail showroom stocked with all of the most recognizable hot rod and custom car brands including Moon Equipment, SoCal Speed Shop, Radir Wheels and Slicks, and Ford Racing equipment to name a few. For the kustom kulture enthusiast we also offer merchandise and apparel from the pioneers in hot rodding such as Ed “Big Daddy” Roth, George Barris, Gene Winfield, Robert Williams and Von Dutch. Galpin is also the home of one of the largest private collections of Ed Roth vehicles and kustom kulture memorabilia.
As far as resto mods go…whether it’s a car that you that you’ve always wanted or a car that’s been in your family for generations GAS can restore it to stock or give it the best in resto modifications available turning your grandmothers car into the ultimate street machine.
GAS can take your beloved classic car and upgrade it using modern components to enhance its performance, comfort, safety, and beauty. GAS will keep the integrity of your classic vehicle exterior while giving it a modern spin by using the latest in technology, adding horsepower, and incorporating new components to give you something that you will cherish forever.
Microsoft, Virgin Gaming and Ford have joined forces with Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) of “Pimp My Ride” fame to bring you this first glance at the creation of the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge grand prize, a one-of-a-kind custom UNSC-themed Ford F150 SVT Raptor! Meet the team at GAS and check out their design plans in part 1 of this behind the scenes series!