Henrik Fisker partnered with Galpin to develop “The Ultimate American Muscle Car” – a low volume carbon fiber coach built mustang with up to 725 hp.
“When Henrik Fisker showed me his ideas, I got chills – it’s literally the most beautiful Mustang I have ever seen,” says Beau Boeckmann. Both Henrik Fisker and Galpin have a long history with specialty coach-building cars, and draw their inspiration from pony cars of the 60’s and 70’s. Together the team created a sculpted, sleek design and loaded it with power and performance enhancements that rival supercars. The Rocket’s lines emanate from the front, through the long hood, over a set of sculptured flared fenders and converge on its integrated rear spoiler, belying the car’s extreme power and refined athleticism.
To learn more about the event details please visit the LA Auto Show website. More information to come….
Galpin Auto Sports is synonymous with customizing Ford Mustangs, so it’s no surprise to see them bring a unique 2015 Mustang to SEMA. Painted in a special black paint with gold fleck, the car is a tribute to the Mustang’s golden 50th anniversary. The theme is carried throughout the car, from the gold ADV1 wheels to the various gold trim pieces inside the car. Even the Whipple supercharger system, which produces 725 horsepower and is seen through a glass window in the hood, has been painted gold. The car also features custom Recaro seats, an Alcantara headliner and pillars, Steeda G/Trac suspension components and a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system.
- Sports Car Illustrated: http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/News_2014/Q/news14Q_1666.html
- World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/114102283208/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-announced
- Car Scoops: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/ford-details-725hp-gold-obsessed-galpin.html
- TopSpeed: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2015-ford-mustang-by-galpin-auto-sports-ar165917.html
- ZeroCustoms®: http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2015-Ford-Mustang-by-Galpin-at-SEMA.html
- The Auto Channel:http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/10/23/117610-galpin-auto-sports-celebrates-golden-anniversary-ford-mustang-production-sema.html
- Performance Drive: http://performancedrive.com.au/galpin-auto-sports-creates-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-sema-2323/
- Automobile Mag: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1410-tuned-2015-ford-mustang-models-head-to-sema/
- Auto Evolution: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-to-take-sema-by-storm-with-over-12-custom-vehicles-88074.html
- GuideAutoWeb.com: http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/27013/galpin_auto_sport_will_cele
- Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095082_pair-of-modified-2015-ford-mustangs-revealed-ahead-of-2014-sema-show
- Digital Trends: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2015-ford-mustang-gets-customized-for-sema-2014/
- Design & Trend: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/22628/20141022/ford-driving-herd-mustangs-sema.htm
- Practical Motoring: http://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-news/ford-show-12-modded-mustangs-sema/
- The News Wheel: http://thenewswheel.com/2015-gas-mustang-preview/
- Car Buzz: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/10/23/Ford-Reveals-12-Mustangs-Coming-to-SEMA-7723272/
- The Mustang News: http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2014/10/first-tease-2015-mustang-show-cars-sema/#.VGZk20tBVH0
- Top Gear: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-mustang-modified-by-galpin-auto-sports-SEMA-2014-10-23
- Yahoo Autos: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-shows-off-two-supercharged-sema-mustangs-193009668.html
- Car and Driver: http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-party-at-the-lv-corral-ford-previews-first-two-modified-2015-mustangs-for-sema/
- MSN Autos: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autossema/galpin-auto-sport-will-celebrate-mustangs-50th-anniversary-at-sema/ar-BBaJBqj
- AutoGuide.com: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/10/mustang-stampede-galloping-to-sema.html
- InAutoNews: http://www.inautonews.com/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-going-to-sema#.VGZpFktBVH0
- MotorWard: http://www.motorward.com/2014/10/sema-preview-2015-mustang-by-gas-and-pettys-garage/
Acura Design Studio and Galpin Custom Car Works previewed their joint project for this year’s SEMA Show based on the 2015 TLX sedan.
Featuring custom exterior styling and chassis modifications, the Galpin Auto Sports Acura TLX debuts in Las Vegas alongside the twin-turbo TLX GT Race Car and a 2015 Acura TLX fitted with the Genuine Acura Accessory package.
Inspired by the TLX GT racecar, the Galpin Auto Sports Acura TLX showcases a new signature Acura brand color, Andaro Blue, with modifications also including a custom aero body kit with new front and rear bumpers, side skirts and deck-lid spoiler, ADV5.0 M.V2 SL custom wheels with gunmetal inner and liquid smoke outer shod with Pirelli 245/40/19 P Zero Tires and custom exhaust outlets.
- Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/article/galpin-acura-sema-project-takes-2015-tlx-sports-sedan-to-next-level
- World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/114110383742/galpin-auto-sports-acura-tlx-revealed-for-sema-video
- Automotive Addicts: http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/48852/sema-2014-galpin-acura-tlx-turns-heads-in-vegas-video
- The Auto Channel: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/11/03/118296-acura-puts-2015-tlx-performance-and-personalization-front-and-center.html
- AutoGuide.com: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/11/acura-tlx-sema-concept-adds-racing.html
- The Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2014/11/03/LA5481
The corners of Roscoe Blvd. and Orion Street were turned into a car lover’s paradise on Sunday. In the northwest corner, Mustangs were gathered like the cool kids in high school and the low-riders situated behind them stood as their Danny Zuko-esque foil.
To their south were the custom rods, the wild children of cars. A truck resembling a World War II army transport truck stood next to what could only be described as a death mobile.
Inside the lone air-conditioned room, the Galpin Auto Sport showroom, the original Batmobile laid in wait, terrifying evil as it did in the 1966 show. Those who passed over the proceedings on the 405 North overhead, hurtled over an organized orgy of steel, oil and rubber that was the 3rd annual Galpin Auto Show. –
Galpin Motors in the San Fernando Valley, CA held its third annual car show. The show honored the great George Barris and Bob Ferris with an exclusive invite only party the night before located in Galpin’s private collection.
George Barris is known as the king of Kustomizers creating machines such as the Batmobile while Bob Ferris is known as Galpin’s own off-roading legend. The party prior to the show honored both men while also hosting some auto industry VIPs. There was no shortage or incredible cars or good food.
The car show welcomed any owner looking to share the passion with other car people. Anything from a brand-new Mustang GT to a Morgan 3-wheeler was displayed by proud owners.
Amidst the sweltering triple digit temperatures, folks from all over came to share the passion. Delicious BBQ, and refreshments kept owners and the public satisfied while those more interested in experiencing a little speed participated in the outdoor go-kart track set up by MB2 Raceway.
Brandon Boeckmann slips into the driver’s seat of the low-slung, gull-wing sports car, grins, and says, “So, how fast do you want to go?”
A minute later, on a Monterey back street, he punches the gas pedal and demonstrates exactly how a 1,058-horsepower supercar that weighs only 3,600 pounds goes from zero to 60 mph in under three seconds.
Boeckman is the scion of the family that has owned the huge Galpin Ford auto dealership in the San Fernando Valley. His grandfather Bert went to work for Galpin in 1953 and purchased the company in the 1960s; his father just retired from Galpin, where his uncle is still president.
The younger Boeckmann had come to Monterey Car Week to show off the Galpin GTR1, his company’s latest offering.
The custom-made, “coach-built” automobile runs a 5.4-liter V-8 dual overhead cam engine, supercharged, that produces 977 foot-pounds of torque.
SoCal enthusiasts enjoy a great day of sun and Mustang fun at LA’s Petersen Museum
If you were to ask someone the question, “what is the automotive capital of the United States?” most people would answer, “Detroit,” as it’s the home of the “Big 3” US car makers (Brand X, Brand X-2 and Ford), and city that’s recognized as the Mecca of the automotive industry.
While that answer certainly gets no argument from us, there’s also a lot that definitely can be said about Southern California; the area ranging from Los Angeles to San Diego. We consider this to be a leading car territory as well, because with its year-‘round sunny skies and warm temperatures, SoCal is a perfect place for car enthusiasts—especially Mustang enthusiasts—to live and fully enjoy all of the many facets of the automotive lifestyle.
For additional event details please check the Barrett Jackson website.
To watch the action on television, check the following schedule:
Visit http://laautoshow.com/ for more details.
Galpin Auto Sports first showed off their widebody kit for the Ford Mustang at SEMA in 2010, and since then the Southern California customizers have shown off numerous versions since. Their latest is this 2013 Shelby GT500 you see here, painted in the classic Shelby livery of Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White racing stripes.
The blue theme continues on the inside of the car with a fully custom leather interior that covers nearly every inch of the cockpit from the Recaro seats to the door panels.
Galpin Ford has been building and customizing unique one-off vehicles for years, and this is an early example of the company’s creative genius. As the name says, this dragster — built by Gary Weckesser — is powered by four V8 engines. Based on a 1969 Ford Mustang funny car, this dragster was quite popular on the show circuit from 1969 to 1975. But it wasn’t simply a show car; its four engines put out an estimated 3000 horsepower. The Mach IV could hit a quarter-mile in around seven seconds at a speed of 180 mph.
Autobytel picks GAS’ Iron Orchid as one of it’s top vehicles of the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
GAS is proud to be back at SEMA Las Vegas, showcasing a variety of our one of a kind cars and awesome Galpinized vehicles. Our booth will be outside by the Ford Proving Grounds, where you will find Iron Orchid, the Backup Pickup and the GTR1, but we will have builds all over SEMA!
Galpin’s 2nd annual car show, celebrating 60 years of Bert Boeckmann was a huge success. Check out the photos here.
Car enthusiasts converged at Galpin Motors to admire exotic and custom automobiles that spanned more than a century Sunday and belong to Galpin’s private collection and the public.
The free car show celebrated six decades that Galpin Motors owner Bert Boeckmann has been involved with the lucrative San Fernando Valley-based dealership as well as six decades of “Galpinizing,” which is their version of customizing cars.