Seven hundred and twenty five. That’s the precise horsepower figure being knocked out by this new, Galpin Auto Sports-modified Ford Mustang set to grace the stands at the upcoming SEMA show. Quite a lot, innit?
Below are just some of our most current parts specials, vehicle packages and cool accessories. Or, you can visit the GAS Showroom in Van Nuys, California to browse or shop in our hip, easy-to- navigate boutique. Each specific genre in the realm of auto interests has its distinct place -- parts, accessories, apparel, books...the full spectrum! Please visit the GAS showroom for all of your customizing needs.
Need Your Ride Serviced & Upgraded?View Our Service Specials
Yes, the Galpin Fisker Ford Mustang Rocket has a long name. “We just call it ‘the Rocket’” said Henrik Fisker, who also designed the BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 and V8 Vantage, and more recently, theFisker Karma plug-in hybrid.
Certainly, “Rocket” is a suitable name for a $109,100 muscle car, but the fact of the matter is that the other named parties have made great contributions, including its builders and tuners, Galpin Auto Sports of Van Nuys, Calif., and of course, Ford itself. We took a brief spin along 17-Mile Drive during Monterey Car Week to see if it’s worth the coin.
“Ford’s engineers and Moray Callum’s design team did an amazing job with the new Mustang,” said Fisker. “So good, in fact, I think the design additions and power upgrades we have made to the car help it play in a higher league, against much more expensive supercars.”Contact A Specialist For More Information
Check out the G.A.S. Acura TLX in this months edition of Automundo. Download the PDF.
Henrik Fisker partnered with Galpin to develop “The Ultimate American Muscle Car” – a low volume carbon fiber coach built mustang with up to 725 hp.Contact A Specialist For More Information
“When Henrik Fisker showed me his ideas, I got chills – it’s literally the most beautiful Mustang I have ever seen,” says Beau Boeckmann. Both Henrik Fisker and Galpin have a long history with specialty coach-building cars, and draw their inspiration from pony cars of the 60’s and 70’s. Together the team created a sculpted, sleek design and loaded it with power and performance enhancements that rival supercars. The Rocket’s lines emanate from the front, through the long hood, over a set of sculptured flared fenders and converge on its integrated rear spoiler, belying the car’s extreme power and refined athleticism.Contact A Specialist For More Information
To learn more about the event details please visit the LA Auto Show website. More information to come….Contact A Specialist For More Information
Henrik Fisker, designer of the Fisker Karma that we named our 2012 Design of the Year, as well as many other vehicles, has teamed up with tuner Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) to build a new car that will be shown at the 2014 Los Angeles auto show next week. The new model, called the Rocket, is being billed by the duo as the “Ultimate American Muscle Car.”
Other than a loan teaser sketch, few details have been revealed about the upcoming model. We do know that the Galpin Fisker Rocket will feature a carbon fiber body, however. With Galpin’s extensive history of modifying existing cars, such as the Ford GT-based Galpin GTR1, the new Rocket will likely be based on an existing platform. The wide rear haunches and fastback silhouette teased in this photo almost suggest the car will be based on a Ford Mustang.
The sketch appears to share some of its rear styling with the defunct Fisker Karma premium plug-in hybrid sedan. The swooping front and fender lines also vaguely recall the Karma. Galpin and Fisker will also likely revamp the interior of whatever donor car has been used for the Rocket. Given that it’s claimed to be the “Ultimate American Muscle Car,” we also suspect some performance upgrades are in store.
We’ll have to wait until the Rocket is revealed next Thursday, November 20, to find out what GAS and Fisker have in store.
- Yahoo Autos: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/galpin-fisker-bringing-special-muscle-car-la-220026869.html
- Auto Evolution: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/galpin-rocket-mustang-teased-will-be-unveiled-at-the-los-angeles-auto-show-88808.html
- Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095414_henrik-fisker-galpin-to-debut-new-american-muscle-at-laas
- GT Spirit: http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/11/12/henrik-fisker-and-galpin-teases-rocket-muscle-car/
- Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/henrik-fisker-galpin-rocket-muscle-car-at-the-la-auto-show-2014-11
- Top Speed: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fisker/2016-rocket-by-henrik-fisker-and-galpin-auto-sports-ar166233.html
- Car Buzz: http://www3.carbuzz.com/news/2014/11/12/Henrik-Fisker-and-Galpin-Auto-Sports-Team-Up-to-Rebody-a-2015-Ford-Mustang-7723651/
- Jalopnik: http://jalopnik.com/henrik-fisker-says-hes-back-with-the-ultimate-american-1658133772
- Car and Driver: http://blog.caranddriver.com/rocket-man-henrik-fiskers-new-car-is-a-carbon-fiber-bodied-mustang/
- Product Reviews: http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/11/12/new-fisker-rocket-model-details-at-la-auto-show/
- Evo: http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/14685/henrik-fisker-s-rocket-muscle-car-la-auto-show-preview
- Motoring.com.au: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2014/la-motor-show-fisker-galpin-rocket-47465
- Top Gear: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/fisker-rocket-la-show-teaser-2014-11-12
- AutoCar: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/fisker-returns-new-rocket-muscle-car-la-motor-show
- CarAdvice: http://www.caradvice.com.au/318688/henrik-fisker-to-return-to-la-auto-show-with-rocket-muscle-car/
Galpin Auto Sports is synonymous with customizing Ford Mustangs, so it’s no surprise to see them bring a unique 2015 Mustang to SEMA. Painted in a special black paint with gold fleck, the car is a tribute to the Mustang’s golden 50th anniversary. The theme is carried throughout the car, from the gold ADV1 wheels to the various gold trim pieces inside the car. Even the Whipple supercharger system, which produces 725 horsepower and is seen through a glass window in the hood, has been painted gold. The car also features custom Recaro seats, an Alcantara headliner and pillars, Steeda G/Trac suspension components and a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system.
- Sports Car Illustrated: http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/News_2014/Q/news14Q_1666.html
- World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/114102283208/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-announced
- Car Scoops: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/ford-details-725hp-gold-obsessed-galpin.html
- TopSpeed: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2015-ford-mustang-by-galpin-auto-sports-ar165917.html
- ZeroCustoms®: http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2015-Ford-Mustang-by-Galpin-at-SEMA.html
- The Auto Channel:http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/10/23/117610-galpin-auto-sports-celebrates-golden-anniversary-ford-mustang-production-sema.html
- Performance Drive: http://performancedrive.com.au/galpin-auto-sports-creates-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-sema-2323/
- Automobile Mag: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1410-tuned-2015-ford-mustang-models-head-to-sema/
- Auto Evolution: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-to-take-sema-by-storm-with-over-12-custom-vehicles-88074.html
- GuideAutoWeb.com: http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/27013/galpin_auto_sport_will_cele
- Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095082_pair-of-modified-2015-ford-mustangs-revealed-ahead-of-2014-sema-show
- Digital Trends: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2015-ford-mustang-gets-customized-for-sema-2014/
- Design & Trend: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/22628/20141022/ford-driving-herd-mustangs-sema.htm
- Practical Motoring: http://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-news/ford-show-12-modded-mustangs-sema/
- The News Wheel: http://thenewswheel.com/2015-gas-mustang-preview/
- Car Buzz: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/10/23/Ford-Reveals-12-Mustangs-Coming-to-SEMA-7723272/
- The Mustang News: http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2014/10/first-tease-2015-mustang-show-cars-sema/#.VGZk20tBVH0
- Top Gear: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-mustang-modified-by-galpin-auto-sports-SEMA-2014-10-23
- Yahoo Autos: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-shows-off-two-supercharged-sema-mustangs-193009668.html
- Car and Driver: http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-party-at-the-lv-corral-ford-previews-first-two-modified-2015-mustangs-for-sema/
- MSN Autos: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autossema/galpin-auto-sport-will-celebrate-mustangs-50th-anniversary-at-sema/ar-BBaJBqj
- AutoGuide.com: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/10/mustang-stampede-galloping-to-sema.html
- InAutoNews: http://www.inautonews.com/galpin-auto-sports-50th-anniversary-ford-mustang-going-to-sema#.VGZpFktBVH0
- MotorWard: http://www.motorward.com/2014/10/sema-preview-2015-mustang-by-gas-and-pettys-garage/
Acura Design Studio and Galpin Custom Car Works previewed their joint project for this year’s SEMA Show based on the 2015 TLX sedan.
Featuring custom exterior styling and chassis modifications, the Galpin Auto Sports Acura TLX debuts in Las Vegas alongside the twin-turbo TLX GT Race Car and a 2015 Acura TLX fitted with the Genuine Acura Accessory package.
Inspired by the TLX GT racecar, the Galpin Auto Sports Acura TLX showcases a new signature Acura brand color, Andaro Blue, with modifications also including a custom aero body kit with new front and rear bumpers, side skirts and deck-lid spoiler, ADV5.0 M.V2 SL custom wheels with gunmetal inner and liquid smoke outer shod with Pirelli 245/40/19 P Zero Tires and custom exhaust outlets.
- Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/article/galpin-acura-sema-project-takes-2015-tlx-sports-sedan-to-next-level
- World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/114110383742/galpin-auto-sports-acura-tlx-revealed-for-sema-video
- Automotive Addicts: http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/48852/sema-2014-galpin-acura-tlx-turns-heads-in-vegas-video
- The Auto Channel: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/11/03/118296-acura-puts-2015-tlx-performance-and-personalization-front-and-center.html
- AutoGuide.com: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/11/acura-tlx-sema-concept-adds-racing.html
- The Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2014/11/03/LA5481
Contact A Specialist For More Information
Celebrating 50 years of the Stang, GAS has modified the new pony car for SEMA
More than a BMW M6. More than a Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG. More than a Lamborghini Huracan. More than… well, you get the message. It’s powerful.
The tuning arm of the largest Ford dealer in the US has turned up the standard, 5.0-litre V8 car’s power from 418bhp to that magical 725bhp using a Whipple supercharger. There’s a glass window on the bonnet to show it off, too, because GAS has deemed it prudent to powder-coat the supercharger gold. Well, why the hell not?
“We really wanted to get the colour as close to 24-carat gold as possible,” said a GAS man. Elsewhere on this modified new ‘Stang you’ll find a Magnaflow exhaust system, suspension componentry from Steeda, a minor facelift, new headlights, a carbon fibre front splitter and rocker panels, a more aggressive rear diffuser and gold flecks in the Batman-spec paintwork.
There are Recaro seats finished in black and gold, black microsuede headliner, and all chrome/metallic finishings have been blacked out. Topping it all off is a set of 20in wheels.Contact A Specialist For More Information
The corners of Roscoe Blvd. and Orion Street were turned into a car lover’s paradise on Sunday. In the northwest corner, Mustangs were gathered like the cool kids in high school and the low-riders situated behind them stood as their Danny Zuko-esque foil.
To their south were the custom rods, the wild children of cars. A truck resembling a World War II army transport truck stood next to what could only be described as a death mobile.
Inside the lone air-conditioned room, the Galpin Auto Sport showroom, the original Batmobile laid in wait, terrifying evil as it did in the 1966 show. Those who passed over the proceedings on the 405 North overhead, hurtled over an organized orgy of steel, oil and rubber that was the 3rd annual Galpin Auto Show. –Contact A Specialist For More Information
Galpin Motors in the San Fernando Valley, CA held its third annual car show. The show honored the great George Barris and Bob Ferris with an exclusive invite only party the night before located in Galpin’s private collection.
George Barris is known as the king of Kustomizers creating machines such as the Batmobile while Bob Ferris is known as Galpin’s own off-roading legend. The party prior to the show honored both men while also hosting some auto industry VIPs. There was no shortage or incredible cars or good food.
The car show welcomed any owner looking to share the passion with other car people. Anything from a brand-new Mustang GT to a Morgan 3-wheeler was displayed by proud owners.
Amidst the sweltering triple digit temperatures, folks from all over came to share the passion. Delicious BBQ, and refreshments kept owners and the public satisfied while those more interested in experiencing a little speed participated in the outdoor go-kart track set up by MB2 Raceway.Contact A Specialist For More Information
Brandon Boeckmann slips into the driver’s seat of the low-slung, gull-wing sports car, grins, and says, “So, how fast do you want to go?”
A minute later, on a Monterey back street, he punches the gas pedal and demonstrates exactly how a 1,058-horsepower supercar that weighs only 3,600 pounds goes from zero to 60 mph in under three seconds.
Boeckman is the scion of the family that has owned the huge Galpin Ford auto dealership in the San Fernando Valley. His grandfather Bert went to work for Galpin in 1953 and purchased the company in the 1960s; his father just retired from Galpin, where his uncle is still president.
The younger Boeckmann had come to Monterey Car Week to show off the Galpin GTR1, his company’s latest offering.
The custom-made, “coach-built” automobile runs a 5.4-liter V-8 dual overhead cam engine, supercharged, that produces 977 foot-pounds of torque.Contact A Specialist For More Information
The Monterey motorsports weekend is a showcase for unique cars. In a place where most Lamborghinis, Ferraris and McLarens barely turn a head, you essentially have to be in a one-of-a-kind vehicle to make any sort of impression. We did just that when we climbed into the Galpin Ford GTR1 concept for a quick tour around the Peninsula.
The GTR1 concept debuted last year at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Built to represent Galpin Auto Sports’ vision of what a next-generation Ford GT would embody, that first concept sported twin turbochargers that increased output to 1,024 horsepower and 739 pound-feet of torque.
According to Galpin’s Brandon Boeckmann, they didn’t quite like the turbos’ personality, so they installed a massive 4.0-liter Whipple supercharger instead. The GTR1 concept now boasts 1,058 hp and 992 lb-ft of torque.Contact A Specialist For More Information
Contact A Specialist For More Information